Key West Florida: April 29, 2011
We are at the Wet Paint Gallery located in Duval Street and with us is one of the greatest painters: Chris Hotham Carroll. We have invited her and she accepted our invitation to be interviewed.
1. When did you start your career as a painter?
I was drawing and painting in my earliest childhood memories, but I began showing professionally over a decade ago.
2. When was the Wet Paint Gallery started?
February 17, 2011
3. How many visitors does the Wet Paint Gallery receive?
About 150 unique visitors each day, so roughly 50,000 each year
4. Besides the Wet Paint Gallery, are there other galleries in which your paintings have been exhibited?
I have been shown in galleries throughout the US.
5. Where do you draw your inspiration for your paintings?
Much of my inspiration comes from nature, music and humanity. I am very introspective, so my introspection gives life to my art.
6. What is your advice for those considering a career in painting or in operating an art gallery?
Having a career in painting really means that you can support your lifestyle from your artwork. There are many ways to accomplish this. My advice is to live simply, so that you can follow your dreams. When the money comes in, save it. Opening an art gallery is probably not a natural fit for most artists. There is little overlap in skill set. The philosophy at our gallery is to create a fun, unique, inspiring atmosphere where all are welcome. We have price points ranging from as low as $50 up through the mid five figures, so there is something for everyone. Also, we only sell originals. Wet Paint. Fresh Art. No Prints. EVER! That’s how we roll.
7. Do you have any message for those who are reading my blog?
Follow your dreams!
Thank you Chris for accepting our invitation and participating in the interview.
Thanks, Roberto – you too.