Welcome to another special feature of “The Alvarez-Galloso News Hour”. I have invited Laura Marie for another interview. The purpose of the interview is to see what has transpired since the last interview in 2010.
I also consider Laura Marie [as well as other artists as singer-songwriters] under the category of living legends. My reason is that these living legends have messages in their music to challenge us to build a better world.
I will now continue with the interview with Laura Marie.
1. The last time I interviewed you was in 2010. What has transpired for Laura Marie in the realm of music from the time of our last interview to the present time?
I’ve been doing a lot more traveling and performing and, right now, I’m in the process of recording two separate projects. I’m working an a collaborative EP with guitarist/singer-songwriter Jake Owen in Austin and I’ve begun pre-production for a new solo EP at Hollywood Studios with Mack Damon.
2. I saw one of your songs “Earn Your Love” on You Tube. When did you compose it and how long did it take for you to record it? What was the purpose of “Earn Your Love”? Will “Earn Your Love” be included in a future recording? This is the You Tube link whch I want to include in the interview.
The idea behind Earn Your Love is unconditional love. It’s about the realization that I am loved and a revelation that this idea that I’m not good enough, haven’t accomplished enough or need to be something other than I am to be loved is a misconception. I wrote it one afternoon and recorded it as is on my computer. Then, after a while, I decided to make a youtube video to share it.
3. Chris Taylor and you recorded “Music 4 Water” with Chris Taylor last Christmas. How long did it take you to complete the recording? What was the cause for which “Music 4 Water” was recorded?
Most of the songs had already been recorded on our computers so, it didn’t take much to put them together for the project. We just wanted to share them quickly with those who were helping us to give to the Water cause. Every year we help raise money for Living Water International through Advent Conspiracy. It’s a movement among those who celebrate Christmas to buy less and give more.
4. Chris Taylor and you performed in the Luminaria. What is the Luminaria and what was it like performing there?
Luminaria is a local celebration of the arts in San Antonio. Every year it gets bigger and it’s just a wonderful event to take part in. It’s really an honor to be selected and be among so many great local artists and to have the public come out the way they do to support it. I apply every year so, I hope to be able to do it again though, everyone should really get a turn.
5. What are the plans of Laura Marie for this autumn and winter in the realm of music?
My plan is to finish tracking the project with Jake up in Austin and then get busy recording the single from my next solo EP. Once that is done, I’ll start a fundraising effort for both the CD and the global water crisis.
6. My favorites songs interpreted by you are “Good Enough”, “Love You Like Me”, and “The Cherry Tree Carol”. What has inspired you to write and record “Good Enough” and “Love You Like Me”? How were you able to use your own style to interpret “The Cherry Tree Carol”? I ask these questions since these three songs have left a profound mark of tranquility and positive vibes inside of me.
Good Enough was inspired by my marriage and some of the obstacles we had to overcome to get to where we are today. Much like “Earn Your Love”, it references the idea that we don’t have to be perfect or more than we are to be loved. Love You Like Me is more of a response to the expectations of other to love in a certain way.
The Cherry Tree Carol is my favorite Christmas carol. I just started singing it in a way that made sense to me and that’s what I recorded.
7. You auditioned for a spot in Live For Music TV. What motivated you to audition and what were the results?
I auditioned foe a spot because I was asked to. I’ve followed Shaun Borrowes for a number of years via social networking. We were connected early in the Myspace days and he has done amazing things with his career. I didn’t get a spot but, I’m sure they know what they are looking for and have found it. No hard feelings there.
8. What message do you have your fans?
Be love. This world is chaotic. We are running into each other physically, spiritually, ideologically… More often than not we need to step back from it and realize that we are the same and the only way we can bring about the good things that we want to happen is to act with love. Sure, it doesn’t seem as satisfying as putting someone in their place but, it doesn’t have that bitter aftertaste.
I would like to thank you for your time in this interview. It is always a pleasure and an honor to interview you. My best wishes for you this Labor Day and always.